Searching for the best bedding solution for your horse or pony can be a bit of a minefield. Often owners will take to social media platforms and other forums to ask for advice and in the process receive a raft of suggestions, often leaving the owner more baffled and confused than they did before!
Some of the common issues we come across from owners are…
- My horse is really wet and I end up taking most of the bed out on a daily basis
- My pony is really dirty and makes a complete mess of their bed by the morning
- My horse suffers from allergies and I need to reduce dust
- Our muck heap is massive and takes ages to degrade
- I need a bedding that I can deep litter and just fully muck out at the weekend
- I want to consider the environment with my choice of bedding
We have been able to help people with just these issues. Our S4Bed cardboard animal bedding is made from recycled cardboard so that is a tick in the box for helping towards doing your bit for the environment. S4Bed is dust extracted in the shredding process so it reduces the dust in your horses bed and helps allergy prone horses. Some people choose to lay the bed as a whole with no other bedding and have found that it keeps their horses cool in summer and warm in winter due to thermal properties.
A number of customers have chosen to use S4Bed under their other bedding such as straw or shavings as it is very absorbent and doesn’t smell like some other bedding. A few clients have chosen to deep litter on a weekly basis and only dig out at weekends which has worked well for them. We have also been told that it takes less time for S4bed to rot down on the muck heap than shavings so it saves on space too.
Find out more
We understand that changing bedding can be a leap of faith, but we have had some great feedback from our current customers. Feel free to get in touch if you would like any further information on 01342 659100 we are happy to help.